Saturday, February 23, 2013

No Money, No Honey!

"I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world"
- Abba (Money, Money, Money)
Sadly, is'nt that true. Money is never enough, unless you are some rich tai-tai. Then yes, of course can sit at home, shake leg. Le sigh. Every month, this is definitely how I look like. Duit habis babe, mestilah terkejut beruk!
Anyways, I'm your average bride-to-be with a reasonable paying job. Alhamdullilah.Tapikan, perit juga tau. With the high rising cost, definitely, you wont get a wedding for $50. Impossible. Thankfully, I've been able to save abit already, more or less prepared financially, since the wedding is at the end of this year! 
The important thing after saving is keeping track of your expenditure. Now, that is a headache because every month pay comes in, so there is your personal savings and there is your savings for wedding as well. Then, comes the paying part for the wedding, photographer lah, berkat lah, mak andam lah. The list goes on and on. Money in, money out.
Thus, I've come up with a genius plan of tracking it on Excel! Orang dah lama buat, sekarang baru terfikir nak buat. Podah! Mentang-mentang dah pandai pakai Excel Spreadsheet lah kan. So, I downloaded a ready-made budget spreadsheet online and modified (buat sendiri ok!) according to a wedding/savings need.

Very easy to use. I've done up the formulae for the cells and so when you simply type in the amount, it will auto add/subtract/percentage. Cool stuff! Fan of Excel.
Just click on the Google Docs I've created to start using. Sharing is caring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment